Tuesday

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Roll the dice"






Kasabian
West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
(Columbia)

the third exciting installment from the Kasabian lads. It is undoubtedly a great album albeit a confusing one upon first listen. I was left scratching my head, but then I got it, It was exactly how the boys describe the 52 minute album, "the soundtrack to an imaginary movie". & After the second listen you realise how shit hot it is.

There are some stella arrangements on this album, best described as psychedelic rock meets electronic garage, with a very sedate, even western vibe. Pretty evident once you realise it was produced by "Dan" the Automater, who is the genius responsible for producing many of the Gorillaz hits, including Clint Eastwood.

One of my top picks from the album is Vlad the Impalar, I heard this track before the album was released thanks to youtube. The video is a little creepy I must admit, but they could not have picked a more suitable star in Noel Fielding, and also being a huge fan of his I can't get enough. love love love it.



They have come under some pretty harsh scrutiny throughout their career, but West Ryder has rightfully restored faith in the toughest of critics who were once quick to dismiss them as another band on the brit-rock-bandwagon. The album was a risky move for the band but it has paid off. Then again, I've always been a fan. I've even heard Splendour rumours? Think I'd die and go to heaven.

Hamish McBain from NME could not have summed it up more perfectly; "Rock n Roll - especially pysc Rock n Roll - isn't supposed to be tidy and fucking ordered is it?"

My Must Listen Tracks:
Underdog, Fire, Vlad the Impalar, Take Aim

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for talking to me. xx