Friday

we are, we are amphibious


Alexander McQueen Spring/Summer 2010

Just when fashion dangers on becoming a little stale and you have a bad case of deja vu having seen the same thing regurgitated season after season (*cough* not mentioning any Balmains *cough*..... no I love Balmain, I seriously do ..... but we've seen the same skinny pant/blazer combo for a few seasons now) ...... In blows McQueen, an absolute master and visionary. This collection was nothing short of jaw dropping. The models looked like fantastical robotic sea creatures, or the back up dancers for Lady GaGa (I hope). Many aspects of the collection were almost grotesque at first glance, like the lochness monster fin hair do's, but its all still very beautiful. I have always admired how McQueen's collections are so assured, consistent and have such art direction.  The collection had the most unbelievable prints, architectural shapes, stage production and SHOES .... oh don't even get me started on the shoes. I actually wouldn't mind giving a pair a whirl .... Ill take one of the brown jewel encrusted pair please ... to go.

NB: Kudo's to the models for an injury free stomp down the runway, amazingly not one rolled ankle or snapped shin. 









Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

xx

1 comment:

Thanks for talking to me. xx